Exclusive: Interview With "Cloverfield" Director Matt Reeves

Friday, July 20, 2007

Dear Constant Reader,

Today we sit down with "Cloverfield" director Matt Reeves to discuss this mystery project.

"We Were The Cool Kids" Sits Down With "Cloverfield" Director Matt Reeves :

WWTCK:

Thank you for taking the time to sit with us to discuss this mystery project.

MR:
Is it really all that much of a mystery?

WWTCK:
Well not to us but to those trying to solve "the clues" ... have you seen some of the analysis?

MR:
Well you and I both know that Ethan Haas was right.

WWTCK:

(laughing) Yep ... so what's it been like on the set? ... is there as much excitement there as there is online?

MR:
There's been a lot of discussion about the "monster" ... but you know people are really looking in the wrong direction with that.

WWTCK:
But I thought it was a monster?

MR:
Monster? the keyword there is "monster" ... "monster".

WWTCK:
Monster?

MR:
"Monster" ... in quotes ... think of what's missing from that and that will be your clue to finding the other site.

WTTCK:
There's another site?

MR:
One other site ... people really need to learn to follow the eyes.

WWTCK:
The eyes?

MR:
Look into my eyes.

WWTCK:

Pardon?

MR:
What do you see in my eyes?

WWTCK:
Nothing?

MR:
You know better than that.

WWTCK:
Perhaps another line of questioning ... what was your directorial approach to this project?

MR:
JJ was a bit of a taskmaster that we get things very right ... he wanted certain things caught on camera specifically for the trailer ... he mostly directed the trailer footage himself.

WWTCK:

Really?

MR:
Yes.

WWTCK:
Can you talk about the effects person that was fired for sharing the set photos?

MR:
He was ... (gun to head motions) ... dealt with.

WWTCK:
I'm quite sure he's still alive.

MR:
Don't make us have to ... deal with you.

WWTCK:
Um ... okay ... so back to directorial style-

MR:
I once tried jamming a kitten into the kitchen disposal.

WWTCK:
Pardon?

MR:
Sometimes I get ... sometimes I just ... is it ... well yeah ... my mother never found out what I did.

WWTCK:
Okay so you really haven't answered the question.

MR:
You didn't ask me one.

WWTCK:
About your directorial style?

MR:
She thought my brother did it ... ridiculous bitch.

WWTCK:
I'm sorry.

MR:
Wouldn't you be offended? ... of course she thought my brother did it ... because me ... well I was never good enough at anything ... it couldn't have been me ... no ... my brother got the beating and locked in the closet not me ... he was the one that they kept hidden away for a week while they fed him through a slot in the door ... he always got all the attention.

WWTCK:
Should we postpone this?

MR:
No! ... okay ... so yeah ... me directing this piece of shit ... Globs From Space piece of shit movie yeah let's just talk about that.

WWTCK:
You seem awfully bitter.

MR:
I've had a very long day.

WWTCK:
Would you like to postpone?

MR:
No we're already here.

WWTCK:

Can we get back to the movie?

MR:
Sure.

WWTCK:
Can we expect an entirely original creation and not a "remake" of something that we might have seen before?

MR:
You've definitely seen this before just not presented in this way ... the Jensen family ... the ones who owned the copyright to this ... story ... really allowed us to be liberal.

WWTCK:
The Jensen family?

MR:
Yes.

WWTCK:
When will we find out more?

MR:
It took me 30 minutes to get the entire thing into the drain ... it was ridiculous.

WWTCK:
Pardon?

MR:
30 minutes of jamming and meowing and this fucking bastard thing scratching my shit ... you've never heard such a noise ... I'm pretty sure the neighbors heard something of course.

WWTCK:
Okay ... let's try something else.

MR:
What else is there to try? ... they've yet to construct a disposal that's capable of taking a kitten in the quickest possible way.

WWTCK:
Can we not talk about the kitten anymore?

MR:

You bought it up.

WWTCK:

Oh ... I think we're done here.

Arthur
-
Technorati Tags: [] [] [] [] []
-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fake.

wewerethecoolkids said...

Cloverfield Reporter,
I suggest you toss your computer out the window and stop trying to interact with people who have brains.