Doctors & Their Lame Toys

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Dear Constant Reader,

Being an asthmatic has taken me on more trips to the hospital than I'd even care to count.
One of the things I've noticed doctors love to use on me is a pulse oximeter.
The problem?
They don't work.
At least not the ones I've seen, and yet the doctor will persist in telling you that you're fine when you're obviously not.
I've seen a doctor use one of these contraptions on someone who is turning blue, and tell that person that their blood oxygen levels are fine.
There is some flaw in these little toys, and the doctors use them religiously to determine if you're seconds away from dropping dead.
Be wary when a doctor uses one of these things, and tells you that you're absolutely okay.
You're probably not.

Arthur
-
Technorati Tags: [] [] [] []
-

0 comments: