There's Always A Misunderstanding

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dear Constant Reader,

Today a friend of mine asked me how much I charge to visit a home when something supernatural enters the home. That something being a spirit and/or spirits.
I told that it's anywhere from $75 - $250 and that depends on the situation.
After we spoke for 15 minutes about what was going on in her home I said "and that's the $75 part".
I worry that I might have been misunderstood when I heard her reaction. I didn't have time to explain and so I'm doing it here. This will explain better to her and let you in on a little of what I do.
The $75 dollars comes in when I need to go to the home, interview the family, do a 30 minute EVP session and attempt to make contact. All of these things (except for the interview your family part) were what she needs to do not what I need to do. Because she's doing it there is no fee. There wouldn't be a fee for her anyways because I don't charge friends for my services.
I'm also not suggesting that you try any of these things without a professional.
I told her to do these things because she's got a strong magical force about her. I would never suggest anyone try fiddling with things they know nothing about.

Several other reasons why my fee starts at $75 for a visit include :
o I'm good at what I do. Really good. I'm not saying that to brag I'm saying it because it's true.
o This line of work can be physically, mentally and emotionally draining.
o It's my time and my time is worth something to me. I don't have a steady 9to5 job that I get paid hourly to do. The work is sporadic.
o This work is dangerous at times. If something hurts me and I can't work I have to make sure that I'm getting paid well for what I do.
o Occasionally I spend time with a family only to find out that what's happening in their house isn't paranormal and I've wasted an entire evening for nothing.

I hope that's a good explantion!

Arthur
-
Technorati Tags: [] [] [] []
-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how do you decide when something is Paranormal?

Forgive me, but I've been overwhelmed with information on fake Mediumship recently, but you seem to consider yourself genuine. I'm wondering what you actually do as a real pyschic that the fakes don't. How does it feel to you?

wewerethecoolkids said...

The paranormal can best be defined by anything that cannot be explained or pinned down by modern science.

What do I do that fake psychics don't?
I do what they claim to do is the quickest answer. Can you be more specific?

How does it feel?
Great sometimes, terrible sometimes.

Arthur