"Jesus Camp" This Time It's Personal

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Dear Constant Reader,

I was a Catholic man.
I still remember the clack of the rosaries, the habits of the nuns and that high sweet smell of the incense.
Despite my atheistic view of the world I still go back to the many memories that I had of sitting in church for mass or acting as altar boy.
Sometimes it's good to go back to when you believed.
And somtimes it's good to go back to why you stopped believing in the first place.
I have seen the documentary "Jesus Camp" twice now and I am more than a little worried at the state people have gotten themselves into over their religious beliefs.
You can trust me when I say that getting yourself riled up about the things in which you have faith ain't worth having people see you as utterly insane.

Arthur
-
Technorati Tags: [] [] [] []
-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too true, look at George Bush

Rev. Donald Spitz said...

Re: Jesus Camp Christians have as much right to vote as pro-sodomite, pro-abortion anti-Christian bigots.

SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.

wewerethecoolkids said...

Wow Rev. Spitz that's quite a mouthful. Are you sure it's Spitz and not swallows?
But anyhow I adore how you think that I'm going to Hell or that I'm a bigot because I believe that you're an idiot.

SAY THIS PRAYER:
Dear Arthur, Forgive me for my insane babble and love me for the fool that I am. I will not say anymore silly prayers to invisible sky father figures that shake a finger at me when I fart in the bathtub and attempt to bite the bubbles.

Arthur