Ms. Netiquette My Butt - A Little War Talk & The Dixie Chicks Rock!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dear Constant Reader,

There's a section over at Pogo called "Ms. Netiquette". In it players write letters to a staffer regarding the behavior of other players.
There were a few letters that ground my gears and since I don't work for Pogo I thought I'd reprint those letters here and give my response.
Let's start with this delicate nancy-pants who's husband is serving in Iraq.:

Dear Ms. Netiquette:

The other night I was in a chat room, and a few people began chatting about someone they knew, whose husband recently died in Iraq, and how they had just had a child.

It makes me nervous hearing conversations like those, as my husband is in Iraq, too. And I am three months pregnant with our second child. I don't want to lessen the tragic loss of this man's life, but I don't like hearing about people dying there, when I worry for my husband's safety every day. What is the polite and/or proper way to ask these people to move their conversation to private chat?

Thank you!

Worried about all our soldiers


My Response :
Yes let's dance around people's delicate feelings about a war that should never have happened by not talking about it.
You have no right to ask people to not talk about the war and the deaths that are occuring during "Bush's Oversea Houseparty!"
If you don't want to hear some truths about war then use your mute button and let people goddamn well express themselves.
I have a friend who's daughter is entering the National Guard but that's not going to make me shut my piehole about the stupidity of war and the military.
I certainly don't want anyone to die or get hurt but if we don't deal with the fact that people are dying over there then we're not dealing with it properly.
I am vehemently opposed to any war regardless of who started it but that doesn't mean that I should shut up and play nice.
Natalie Maines (of "The Dixie Chicks") had her life threatened because she used her right to speak up.
What the hell kind of world is this?
Guess who won the Grammy for Best Country Album last night? The Dixie Chicks for their album "Taking The Long Way Home".
Take that "Ms. I Don't Want People To Say Death Or War around me".

The Dixie Chicks accept their Grammy :


And here's the song that was written about Natalie (with Natalie on lead vocals of course) getting shunned and attacked for speaking her mind on Bush ...

"Not Ready To Make Nice" by The Dixie Chicks :


You Go Girls!

Arthur
-
Technorati Tags: [] [] [] []
-

0 comments: